Serving on City Council, since 2012.
In my seventh year on Council, I have served on and led many City committees and projects. I have gained experience in every aspect of the work of the City.
Before running for office, I attended every full City Council meeting for two years as a League of Women Voters 'Observer.' I wrote about the meetings for the LWV-Shaker Heights newsletter, and made suggestions on issues that the City needed to work on. For example, after noticing that the City needed a stronger focus on economic development, I proposed that the LWV create a new committee to look deeper at this issue. The committee produced a report that made several recommendations to the Mayor's office that were adopted in one form or another. Years later, I now serve on the Shaker Heights Development Corporation Board. This depth of experience has made it possible for me to be a strong advocate and policy leader with a long-range vision for our City.
- Vice Mayor of Shaker Heights, 2016-2017
- Chair, Safety and Public Works Committee
- Chair, Building, Housing and Technology Committee
- Chair, Sustainable Shaker (Climate Change Task Force)
- Chair, Recreation and Health Committee
- Chair, Communications and Marketing Committee
- Human Relations Task Force - a founding council representative
- Represented the City on the Shaker Schools Strategic Plan 2014 & 2018